This lovely little botanical tulip has pretty bell-shaped lilac petals with a sunny-yellow heart that open up fully, forming a star shape, during the sunny hours. Very easy to grow and long-lasting, Tulip Lilac Wonder is ideal for rocky gardens.
Botanical tulips open early, flower beautifully and have many great characteristics. Botanical tulips are very low growing and boast bright colours that make them particularly eye catching in early spring. The striped leaves of many varieties also add to their appeal. Another important factor: these ‘wild’ tulips are exceedingly resilient to adverse weather.
In early spring, when the garden, terrace or balcony has little to offer in the way of visual interest, Botanical tulips can brighten things up straightaway. They are real early birds and bloom before any other tulips. It is not just the early flowering that makes Botanical tulips a good choice, but also their inflorescence and large range of gorgeous jewel-like colours. Added to all of this, Botanical tulips, with their striking foliage and graceful way of opening, look attractive before during and after flowering.
Many Botanical tulips can simply be left to naturalise. This means that they don’t have to be lifted from the ground every year. If you would rather take them out, however, wait until June when the foliage will have withered. Botanical tulips prefer a nice and sunny spot. In October/November, plant them with their ‘noses’ pointing upward and cover with 6 to 8 centimeters of soil.
Height: 20 cm.
Bulb Size: Top Size 6/+ cm.
• Beautiful Ground Cover
• Deer Resistant
• Brilliant Colours
• Great Naturaliser! Comes Back For Years
• Loved By Bees & Butterflies
· Plant your flower bulbs in autumn
· Plant in borders or containers in sun or partial shade
· Plant the bulbs three times the size of the bulb
· Space the bulbs two times the size of the bulb apart
· Plant the bulbs with the pointed side facing upwards
For more information, click here to read our How-to-Guides
Orders of £50 or more - FREE SHIPPING
Orders under £50 - Standard shipping - £4.80
• Orders placed before September 15th will be shipped out by late September/early October.
• Orders placed after September 15th will be shipped out within 10 business days.
• We will continue to ship until December 15th.
• Amaryllis bulbs will continue to ship until mid February or until supplies last.
For over 4 generations, DutchGrown™ has built its reputation by offering the best Autumn-planted flowers bulbs available anywhere. We take pride in our exceptionally high level of quality control customer service, and our commitment to client satisfaction continues long after the bulbs leave our premises. When you order from DutchGrown™, we 100% guarantee that you will receive the hardiest flower bulbs available, packed with care and ready to thrive in your garden. Read more.