PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers paypal), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information
here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Re: Privacy Compliance
Jacoba van Beierenweg 150/A,
Our website and emails may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, we do not have control over that website. Therefore we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of your information whilst visiting such sites. Please exercise caution and read through their privacy statement in order to understand whether and how they will process data about your visit to their site.
EMAIL POLICY (COMMUNICATION, PROMOTION)
The following conditions can result in DutchGrown sending you email:
- you created an account at the DutchGrown website and gave permission to receive promotional emails;
- you purchased one or more items from DutchGrown and we keep you updated (order confirmation, shipping confirmation, parcel tracking details, etc) about your order(s);
- you purchased one or more items from DutchGrown and gave permission to receive promotional emails;
- you subscribed to the DutchGrown mailing list on Facebook and agreed Facebook shared your info (Email addres, First name, Surname) with us;
- you subscribed to the DutchGrown mailing list on Instagram and agreed Instagram shared your info (Email addres, First name, Surname) with us;
- you subscribed to the DutchGrown newsletter mailing list by clicking a link and gave permission to receive promotional emails;
- you entered your details to participate in a promotional prize draw and gave permission to receive promotional emails;
- you placed items in your basket but did not complete the order.
If you received email from DutchGrown and you feel that none of the above conditions have been met, you may send an email to register a complaint: email@example.com.
If you received a marketing email from DutchGrown and do not wish to receive any more, you may use the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of that email. Alternatively, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We take reports of spam abuse seriously and we will work with you to find a solution to a problem. In rare cases, spammers find new ways to exploit vulnerabilities within websites to force them to send spam. If you suspect that this has happened we would appreciate it if you would notify us using the email address above. We are constantly working to improve the security of the DutchGrown website in order to prevent our customers from getting spammed and to reduce the amount of spam on the internet at large.