Red Hot Poker (Kniphofia)
Discover the splendor within our exclusive array of bare root Red Hot Pokers, the perfect addition to your UK garden. Explore the allure of Kniphofia, also known as Torch Lilies, renowned for their exotic charm. These magnificent plants form robust clumps of lush grassy foliage, adorned with majestic flower spikes that beckon bees and butterflies. With their remarkable resilience, these botanical wonders effortlessly endure dry spells, while rewarding you with a profusion of blooms when provided with additional hydration.
Showing 1 - 8 in 8 items
Some interesting facts about Red Hot Poker (Kniphofia) bare roots:
- Hardy Perennial: Red Hot Pokers, or Kniphofias, are hardy perennial plants, meaning they can survive and thrive in the garden for multiple years with proper care.
- Exotic Appearance: Red Hot Pokers feature striking, torch-like flower spikes that come in vibrant shades of red, orange, and yellow. These unique blooms add a touch of exotic beauty to any garden.
- Hummingbird and Butterfly Magnets: The tall flower spikes of Red Hot Pokers are highly attractive to hummingbirds and butterflies. Their nectar-rich flowers act as a magnet, bringing these delightful creatures to your garden.
- Drought Tolerant: Red Hot Pokers are known for their ability to withstand dry conditions. They have adapted to survive in their natural habitat, making them an excellent choice for water-wise gardens.
- Architectural Appeal: With their clumping, grass-like foliage and tall flower spikes, Red Hot Pokers add architectural interest to the landscape. They can create stunning focal points or striking accents in garden beds and borders.
- Easy to Grow: Red Hot Pokers are relatively easy to grow, making them suitable for both experienced gardeners and beginners. They require well-draining soil, full sun exposure, and regular watering during their initial establishment period.
- Attracts Pollinators: In addition to hummingbirds and butterflies, Red Hot Pokers also attract a variety of other pollinators, such as bees and beneficial insects. Their flowers serve as a valuable food source, promoting a healthy ecosystem in your garden.
- Versatile Garden Plant: Red Hot Pokers can be used in various garden settings, including cottage gardens, wildlife gardens, and perennial borders. They also make excellent cut flowers, adding a touch of tropical flair to floral arrangements.
- Long Blooming Season: Depending on the variety, Red Hot Pokers can have a long blooming season, providing a steady display of color and interest in the garden from late spring to late summer.
- Low Maintenance: Once established, Red Hot Pokers require minimal maintenance. Regular deadheading of spent flowers and dividing clumps every few years will help ensure their continued vigor and blooming performance.