Brunnera (Siberian Bugloss)
Brunnera, a captivating genus of blooming plants in the Borage family, is known by various names such as Siberian bugloss and False Forget-me-not. These perennials thrive through underground rhizomes and find solace at the woodland fringes, where cool and consistently moist soil nurtures them best. Brunnera performs better in cool weather and needs more water during dry or hot summers.
Showing 1 - 2 in 2 items
Interesting facts about Brunnera (Siberian Bugloss)
- Shade Garden Star: Brunnera thrives in shady spots, making it an ideal choice for illuminating those often overlooked corners of your garden with its radiant beauty.
- Rhizomatous Growth: These perennials grow from underground rhizomes, enabling them to spread gradually and form lush patches of greenery over time.
- Moisture-Loving Marvels: Brunnera flourishes in consistently moist soil, making it perfect for woodland edges and areas with ample moisture.
- Variegated Varieties: Explore the world of Brunnera with its captivating variegated leaf forms, offering a range of patterns and hues to add an artistic touch to your garden.
- Forget-Me-Not Flowers: Brunnera's petite, forget-me-not-like flowers are a delightful sight in the spring, attracting pollinators and bringing a touch of charm to your outdoor spaces.
- Versatile Partners: Pair Brunnera with companions like Dicentra, hardy Geranium, Carex, Helleborus, and robust ferns for an enchanting and harmonious garden display.
- Alluring Foliage: The heart-shaped leaves of Brunnera are a showstopper in their own right, adding texture and interest to your garden even when not in bloom.
- Low-Maintenance Marvels: Once established, Brunnera requires minimal care, making it a fantastic choice for busy gardeners seeking hassle-free and resilient plants.
- Winter Interest: In milder climates, Brunnera's foliage remains evergreen throughout winter, offering year-round appeal and adding structure to your garden during colder months.
- Wildlife-Friendly: While Brunnera isn't a favorite of deer and rabbits, its flowers attract beneficial pollinators like butterflies, enhancing biodiversity in your garden.
- Ideal Groundcover: Utilize Brunnera as an effective groundcover option in dappled shade, creating a lush and uniform carpet of green that adds depth and character to your landscape.
- Cutting Garden Gem: The delicate flowers of Brunnera are perfect for cut flower arrangements, allowing you to bring a touch of the outdoors inside your home.